Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Collinsport Mystery Chef


The Collinsport Mystery Chef
prepares recipes from 
The DARK SHADOWS CELEBRITY COOKBOOK

A while ago a friend of mine presented me with a copy of The DARK SHADOWS CELEBRITY COOKBOOK, published in 1989 by The Dark Shadows Festival.  Being a lifelong fan of the television series I was thrilled and decided not only to cook my way through it, but to illustrate it with my own photographs in order to make it memorable.  It turned out to be a fun filled and exciting culinary journey as well as a wonderful way to become more personally familiar with the actors themselves by discovering what they enjoyed cooking and eating when they were off the set.


Since I live in Maine, I call myself the Collinsport Mystery Chef and hope that you will enjoy following this blog with the same enthusiasm and pleasure I have had in preparing the food and the pictures.  I will present all the recipes in the book along with a few other items that are interesting and have never been seen before.


For me this is yet another testimony of how Dark Shadows and its wonderfully special cast live on in a variety of different ways for so many people and no doubt will continue for ages to come.  I welcome your interest and comments.





Sincerely yours,
The Collinsport Mystery Chef

1 comment: